Mentoring and Professional Development Committee
By Michelle Coutu
- Moving in to the 2017/2018 year pairing will be completed by a pairing committee which will allow regional directors more time to provide support to established mentoring pairs.
- Look for new pairing connections to be made this fall after all participants complete their surveys due July 28.
- Planning for AIHce 2018 has begun! Ideas for 2018 include
- Collaborating with the Career and Employment Services Committee and Communication Committee on a session on communication and etiquette in the modern age
- Continuing our successful sessions based on our favorite leadership books.
Student and Early Career Professional Committee
By Michelle Coutu
- Nina Townsend joined our call to talk about the Social Concerns Committee and Ionizing Radiation Committee.
- The Social Concerns Committee is committed to bringing awareness and change for high risk worker populations with collaboration with environmental justice and social justice movement. The sponsor the popular Upton Sinclair Lecture and the documentary screening at AIHce every year. This year’s film Blood on the Mountain (2016) can be found on Netflix.
- The Ionizing Radiation is a technical committee that provides resources and expertise for AIHA members. The committee is made up of members representing industry and regulatory agencies with the common goal of educating and protecting worker health from ionizing radiation.
- The committee reviewed our 2017 AIHce offerings and has begun looking ahead to AIHce 2018.
- Suggestions and ideas to improve our presence at the First Timers Breakfast and Table Top Talks is welcome.
- New potential session topics include,
- A Beginner’s Guide to…[Insert topic],
- IH and middle level management,
- Mistakes and blunders we all make [to include a section on technical writing].